Get a copy of the Montgomery County Emergency Preparedness Guide HERE.
The Municipality of Norristown's Emergency Management Department's mission is to develop and maintain a comprehensive plan to prepare for, respond to, and recover from manmade and natural disasters may they occur within the Municipality. The Emergency Management Department reports to the Fire Chief and is a branch of the Fire Department.
Acts of terrorism on September 11, 2001, caused many people to become alarmed and concerned about the future. Below are some links we encourage you to visit so that like us, you can prepare for the future.
Montgomery County Community Alert System
The Montgomery County Community Alert System delivers important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to you on all your devices:
- Email Accounts
- Cell phones (NOTE: text messaging charges could occur)
- Smartphone/PDAs (BlackBerry, Treo and other handhelds)
When an incident or emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using the Community Alert System. This is your personal connection to real-time updates, instructions on where to go, what to do, or what not to do, who to contact and other important information.
To learn more, visit montco.alertpa.org.
Downloads & important links
Citizens with special needs and their associates have an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies, so emergency responders can better plan to serve them in a disaster or other emergencies. For more information, click here.
- Develop and maintain a Business Continuity Plan
- Learn about Citizen's Preparedness Guides
- The National Weather Service
- Information on floods and extreme weather
- Information on disaster/emergency supply kits
- Traffic information
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- American Red Cross
Municipality of Norristown