Special Council Meeting - Economic Development Projects
MUNICIPALITY OF NORRISTOWN
SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM in Norristown Municipal Hall, 235 E. Airy Street, Norristown, Pennsylvania, the Municipal Council of Norristown will hold a Special Meeting to discuss the following Economic Development Projects:
1) LERTA application/presentation – 425 DeKalb Street Mr. Ian Truelove is requesting a LERTA to develop a mixed use building with four high end apartments above a European style café on the ground floor.
2) Timeshell – Funding request/presentation. Eleanor Redinger is applying for $35,000 from the Main Street Economic Development program to open a coffee shop at 104 East Main Street.
3) Langan – Riverfront Feasibility Study – presentation (Greg)
4) Five Saints – Economic Development Initiative – funding request/presentation. Mr. George is applying for $50,000 from the Main Street Economic Development program to buy and install an elevator that is a requirement to establish a restaurant on the second floor of 129 East Main Street.
5) Kennedy Kennrick. Aquinas- Ed Campbell – presentation of a revised plan from the approved land development which consisted of redevelopment of the Kennedy Kenrick site by the construction of one multi-family building with one hundred and ten (110) independent living residential units and a community center, construction of two (2) multi-family buildings with forty eight (48) independent living residential units each, and one (1) proposed retail building. Also included will be the construction of two (2) single family dwellings with two (2) garages for the community staff personnel and (1) maintenance building for the community. Total units – 208 dwelling units. The project is restricted to residential individuals over the age of 55. The revised plan consists of an assisted living component.
The Municipal Council may take action on items that are presented.
If you are a person with a disability and wish to attend this public meeting and/or public hearing, and require an auxiliary aid, service, or other accommodation to participate, please contact the Municipal Administrator’s Office to discuss how the Municipality may best accommodate your needs at (610) 270-8080.
MUNICIPAL COUNCIL OF NORRISTOWN
CRANDALL O. JONES, ICMA-CM
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
235 E Airy St
Norristown, PA 19401
Municipality of Norristown
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on March 6, 2018|
|Norristown Drone Footage|
|Summer Camp Program 2018|
|Norristown Council Meeting held on February 6, 2018|