4th of July Celebration Information:
For the parade:
No Parking Tow Away Zone Signs – July 4th Parade 8:00AM-12:00PM
Airy Street between Dekalb and Swede Streets
W. Marshall Street between Markley and Stanbridge Streets
No vehicles will be moved from other portions of the parade route in the residential areas.
Only vehicles that are going to be in the parade will be permitted to stage in the parking lot at Dekalb and Airy Streets. All others will be directed to park on the nearby streets.
The police will begin blocking off Dekalb at Airy Streets at 8:00AM and those that are in the parade will be permitted entry into the lot.
For the Fireworks:
No Parking signs from 11:00am to 11:00pm “TOW AWAY ZONE”
- Harding Blvd Grass median- entire length Markley to Coolidge
- East side of Harding Blvd from Sterigere to Coolidge (Food Trucks)
- Sterigere St. from the railroad tracks to Harding Blvd
- All baseball complex parking areas
- PAL parking lot
- Island area around James St, Astor St, and Harding Blvd
- James St from Astor St to Sterigere St
- Harding Blvd from Astor to Sterigere St
- Harding Blvd from Zoo entrance to Coolidge St.
- Harding Blvd from Fornance St to Sterigere St west side
- Band shell driveway
Schedule of Events:
8:30-10:30 5K Run at Norristown Area School District
10:00 Parade Starts
· Head west on Airy Street, then
· Right turn heading North on Astor Street, then
· Left turn heading West on West Marshall Street, then
· Right turn heading North on Stanbridge Street, then
· Right turn heading East on Sterigere Street
· North on Harding Blvd and ending at Elmwood Park.
ELMWOOD PARK PERFORMANCES
11:30-2:00 Old School performs
6:00-8:00 Wildflower performs
Activities at ELMWOOD PARK
12-8 Merchandise vendors
12-5/6 Food Trucks along Harding Blvd.
12-8 Beer Garden
1-5pm North Pole Amusements at Latshaw Field
1-3 Frisbee Spin Art
1:30-2:30 Pookie the Clown
1:30-3:30 Rec Committee Arts & Crafts table
2:30-5 Cartoonist Mr. David Perry
Municipality of Norristown
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on March 6, 2018|
|Norristown Drone Footage|
|Summer Camp Program 2018|
|Norristown Council Meeting held on February 6, 2018|