The Norristown New Horizons Collaborative is the Municipality of Norristown’s new way of doing business. New Horizons is an innovative program aimed to strengthen the relationship between residents and municipal staff and seeks to empower citizens to address some of the most pressing issues and quality of life concerns in their neighborhood.
Working with the New Horizons Team, residents are able to assist in coordinating the actions of Municipal operations as well as state, federal, and private partner organizations in helping those in our target neighborhoods realize their community vision - one block at a time. Together, residents and the Municipality will embark on a New Horizon for Norristown!
If you or your group are interested in volunteering please send an email to the Coordinator of New Horizons,
Kristi Barletta, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 610-270-0470,
Norristown Landlord Info Session 2015
More Videos Coming Soon
Overview of 2016 Events:
· The Great American Cleanup was held on 5/7/2016. We had 121 volunteers participate. 51 were under the age of 18 and 70 were adults. We covered 2 miles of road and 64 acres in parks.
· The Norristown Police Department held a discussion with residents in Target Zone II on June 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM on the 1000 block of Willow. The purpose of this discussion was to increase relationships and gain feedback to improve the quality of life in the community.
· On June 7th, officers served water ice to the residents in Target Zone II. The event was designed to improve relationships with citizens in the area, decrease crime and the fear of crime.
· The Police and Public Works Department worked with a mission group the week of June 27th-July 1st, to clean up and revitalize Target Zones I and II.
· The COPE Unit conducted a neighborhood canvas in Target Zone II. They have identified and addressed concerns that were expressed by the community.
· National Week Out planning was coordinated between the Police, Fire and Town Watch Departments. It took place on August 2nd-August 4th. Two out of the 3 events took place in the area of Target Zones I & II.
· On September 23rd, Chief Talbot and Captain Clowser attended a community meeting at Mt Zion Church at 1312 Willow Street, located in Target Zone 2, at 7 pm on Friday night. The meeting was very well attended. Gabriele Prete streamed the event live on Facebook.
· The Landlord Expo took place on Tuesday, September 27th. We had approximately 50 participants between the morning and evening sessions.
· The police department held a Coffee with a Cop in Target Zone 2 on October 18th.
· Information was distributed to a Target Zone 2 contact offering information about upcoming juvenile activities due to feedback Kristi has received.
Did you miss last year's meeting?
No problem, watch the 2015 Landlord Info Session in our Videos Section
The Great Norristown Clean-Up 2016
New Horizons Zone 1
Lafayette Street from Haws Ave to Pearl Street
Chain Street from Lafayette Street to Main Street
Pearl Street from Lafayette Street to Main Street
New Horizons Zone 2
Willow Street from Elm Street to Fornance Street
Spruce Street from Powell Street to DeKalb Street
- Human Resources
- Norristown New Horizons Collaborative
- Parks and Recreation
- Public Information Office
Municipality of Norristown
|Norristown Council 2nd stop of Listening Tour - Enhancing Code Enforcement|
|Council Invites You to August 12th Listening Tour|
|Norristown Council Meeting August 2, 2017|
|Norristown Council Listening tour - Public Safety|