MUNICIPALITY OF NORRISTOWN
October 16th to December 11th
Follow Street Sweeper Schedule
Leaf pick-up follows the street sweeping schedule - leaves are picked up weekly
LEAF PICK UP GUIDELINES
· No earlier than 24 hours before your scheduled pick up day, please place your leaves in a narrow pile or row, in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb. If your area is without curbs, place leaves within five (5) feet of the street. Please do not rake leaves into the street. Also avoid raking leaves into drainage ditches and swales
· Do not place leaves in cans or in plastic bag. Only loose leaves will be collected
· Brown biodegradable bags may be used
· Leaves must be free of all debris and branches
· Avoid piling leaves around posts and mailboxes, as this makes it difficult for crews to access
· Leaves will not be collected from alleys
· Avoid parking on or directly adjacent to staged leaf piles as the pickup vehicle may not be able to access the affected pile
· Keep parked vehicles off the street during your pick up day. We will not return to leaf piles that are passed over due to vehicle obstruction.
· Unscheduled leaf pick up is conducted at the discretion of the Public Works Director and focuses on areas with high concentrations of leaves, narrow streets and/or little or no placement area for leaf piles. The unscheduled pick up concludes prior to the scheduled area pick up. If your leaves are not collected immediately, please be patient. We will maintain pick up order all week, despite inclement weather or unforeseen delays.
Any questions please contact the Public Works Department at 610-270-0437.
Municipality of Norristown
|Norristown Council Meeting held on October 3, 2017|
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on Sept. 5th|
|Listening Tour 3|
|Norristown Council 2nd stop of Listening Tour - Enhancing Code Enforcement|