Downtown Retail Advocate job description
Retail Recruiter, Downtown Norristown. Implement the Municipality of Norristown’s Retail Strategy Plan (Plan) including, but not limited to, the following: identify and develop working relations with prospective developers, prospect for and recruit store and restaurant operators consistent with Plan. Work with property owners, business owners, prospective tenants, and brokers to match operators with appropriate spaces. Qualifications: exemplary relationship-building and verbal/written communication skills, computer proficient, detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter. Experience in retail, sales, marketing, public relations, design, or related disciplines helpful. Be able to genuinely communicate passion and enthusiasm about the revitalization of Norristown. Must be able to travel throughout the region. Send CV & references by noon on May 5, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy of the full job description is available at http://www.norristown.org.
DOWNTOWN RETAIL ADVOCATE
(Resumes accepted through April 28, 2017.)
Summary: The Retail Recruiter will be responsible for implementing a retail strategy by seeking out developers to invest in downtown Norristown, and by recruiting store and restaurant operators that fit with the merchandise mix plan outlined within the strategy. The Recruiter will build relationships with developers, landlords, and prospective retailers, and will match new retailers with appropriate spaces.
Training, Reporting: The Retail Recruiter will be trained by staff of consulting firm Downtown Works on prospecting, leasing vocabulary, economic terminology, and developer and landlord relations; the Recruiter will report to Jayne Musonye, Director of Planning and Municipal Development.
• Seek out developers with a track record of creating quality, successful mixed-use projects in an urban setting, and/or with carrying out top-quality renovations of existing buildings.
• Prospect for and build relationships with successful independent operators from throughout the region; share the vision for downtown Norristown retail; provide details on the characteristics of specific spaces.
• Build rapport with property owners and their real estate representatives; serve as point-of-contact between them and prospective tenants.
• Maintain database of tenant prospects and of properties.
• Contribute to the development of marketing material.
• Work with prospective retailers from initial contact through to store opening.
• May work with existing retailers who may need assistance with issues such as merchandising, window display, marketing, etc.
Skills / Experience
• Exemplary verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build solid relationships with and support among stakeholders.
• Coalition-building skills, including the ability to motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of action.
• Significant work/life experiences.
• Experience in one or more of following: retail; restaurant; sales; marketing; public relations; media design; or related disciplines is helpful though not required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 and Adobe required; proficiency with database building/maintenance would be of great benefit.
• Outgoing, friendly personality
• Strong interest in style/fashion/shopping/design/food
• Strong work ethic, independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented
• Tenacious and positive, with a “can do” attitude
• Ability to take action quickly
• Creative, with innovative implementation skills and solid problem-solving capability
• Live in the general vicinity of Norristown and/or have an intimate knowledge of and affinity for Norristown
• Well-networked and committed to Norristown
Send CV, references and cover letter no later than noon on April 28, 2017 to Bbulger@norristown.org or call 610-270-0450.
Municipality of Norristown
|Summer Program Video|
|Summer Camp Program|
|Summer Program Video|
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on April 4, 2017|