- The Municipality of Norristown administers an owner occupied housing rehabilitation program for income eligible homeowners within the Municipality. The program is administered on a first come first serve basis, and is contingent on funding availability. Improvements are geared to assist homeowners bring their properties up to code.
- View the current Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Information Sheet HERE
- The Municipality of Norristown runs a down payment and closing cost assistance program to help qualified borrowers meet the financial requirements of down payment and closing costs. The program is funded through the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The assistance is offered in the form of a non-interest second mortgage that requires no repayment unless the home is sold, refinanced, rented out, or transferred within the affordable housing term.
- View the current First Time Home Buyers Information HERE.
- Business Development Coordinator - marketing Norristown to the private business community in an effort to attract and maintain the existing commercial and business marketplace while creating an environment for job creation and job retention for Norristonians.
- Small Business Assistance Center - The Norristown Small Business Assistance Center assists micro-enterprise (5 or fewer employees) with business plans, marketing plans, advertising and other services for small businesses looking to begin operations, relocate or that already exist within Norristown. For additional information please click on the following link.
Promote the preservation of historic structures and neighborhoods
- Historic Facade Program - Properties must be located in the Central Norristown Historic Districts and the West Historic Districts of Norristown, or must have been built prior to 1940 to qualify. The Planning Department provides dollar for dollar matching funds up to $7,500 for each property. Funding Sources have included CDBG and County Revitalization Funds.
- Eliminate conditions detrimental to the public's health, safety, and welfare.
- Upgrade and replace antiquated community infrastructure.
- View the current information sheet for the Historic Facade Program HERE.
- Download the application HERE.
Planning and Municipal Development
Municipality of Norristown
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on January 2, 2018|
|Norristown - Year in Review - 2017|
|Norristown Fire Department Provides 100 meals to Families in Need|
|Norristown Municipal Council Meeting held on December 05, 2017|