Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at Municipal Hall. (Note: meetings have moved online to limit the size of public gatherings.)
The agenda for the Oct. 13 meeting has been posted.
The Planning Commission is appointed to provide advice to the Municipal Council and the Zoning Hearing Board with respect to comprehensive land use planning and existing land use in Norristown. Commission responsibilities include:
- In the performance of its functions, enter upon any land to make examinations and surveys with the consent of the owner
- Make recommendations to governmental, civic and private agencies and individuals as to the effectiveness of the proposals of such organizations
- Make recommendations to Council concerning the adoption or amendment of an official map
- Prepare a comprehensive plan for the development of the township as set forth in the township Code and present it for the consideration to the Board of Supervisors
- Prepare and present to Council a building code and a housing code and make recommendations concerning proposed amendments thereto
- Prepare and present to Council zoning ordinances and make recommendations to proposed amendments
- Prepare, recommend and administer subdivision and land development regulations
- Present testimony before any board (i.e. Zoning Hearing Board)
- Promote public interest and understanding of the comprehensive plan
- Request from municipal departments such available information as relates to the work of the Planning Commission
The Planning Commission consists of 7 residents appointed by Council, serving overlapping 4-year terms. Members must be residents of the Municipality of Norristown.
A formal description of the committee is detailed in Chapter 70 of the Norristown General Code.
Agendas and minutes from previous Planning Commission meetings can be found here.