Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings are held at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers on the 4th Tuesday of every month at Municipal Hall.
The Zoning Hearing Board consists of five residents appointed by the Municipal Council to serve five-year overlapping terms to render adjudications in the following matters:
- Appeals from a determination by a township engineer or the Zoning Officer with reference to the administration of any flood plain or flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance.
- Appeals from the determination of the Zoning Officer or township engineer in the administration of any land use ordinance or provisions thereof with reference to sedimentation and erosion control and storm water management.
- Appeals from the determination of the Zoning Officer, including, but not limited to, the granting or denial of any permit or failure to act on the application therefore, the issuance of any cease and desist order or the registration or refusal to register any nonconforming use, structure or lot.
- Applications for special exceptions under the zoning ordinance or flood plain or flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance.
- Applications for variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance and flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance.
- Substantive challenges to the validity of any land use ordinance.
The length of the membership for the Zoning Hearing Board is a five-year term. Members must be residents of Norristown.
A formal description of the committee is detailed in Chapter 320, Article XXX, of the Norristown General Code.
Legal notices and public notices from previous Zoning Hearing Board meetings can be found here.