Councilman, 4th District
Term: Expires on December 31, 2023
Councilman Hakim Jones is a Norristown native who was raised in the 4th District of Norristown. He attended Norristown Area School District Schools where he excelled in Academics, Athletics and Music. Jones graduated from Norristown Area High School in 2001 and continued his education at West Virginia University. He later received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Public Relations Journalism with a Second Concentration in French Studies in 2006.
In his professional career, Jones moved back to his home town and has been able to serve many individuals from all walks of life. Jones has provided education, support and resources to local youth and families of Delaware, Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. Jones has spent his short but busy career wearing multiple hats in the areas of Workforce Development, Truancy Abatement, Non-Profits, Mental Health and Youth Athletics.
While in West Virginia, Jones was a Division I Varsity Football walk-on and interned with several reputable nonprofits such as:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Central West Virginia
- The Boys and Girls Club of Morgantown
- The Children’s Defense Fund: Freedom Schools of America
- National Library of Congress for War Veterans
Dedicated to Norristown
As an active member of council, Jones is committed and dedicated to the Norristown community. He has established himself as a strong community leader, effective communicator and “go to guy.” He is also willing to give his time, take on difficult challenges and value the concerns of his constituents.
- Genesis Housing Corporation Board Member January 2016 - December 2016 / Social Services
- Norristown Men of Excellence Board Member August 2011 - Present / Social Services
- West Virginia University Liberty Bell Alumni Chapter Co-President / Board Member March 2014 - Present / Education
- Montgomery County Office of Children and Youth Citizens Advisory Committee September 2018 - Present / Social Services
- Norristown Youth Eagles Football & Cheer Program Founding Partner / Community Relations Board Member August 2012 - August 2017 / Youth
- Municipality of Norristown Planning Commission Board Member May 2013 - January 2016 / Economic Development
- Community Action Development Commission (CADCOM) Board Member April 2014 - Present / Social Services
- George Washington Carver Community Center Board Member June 2015 - November 2018 / Social Services